Thursday, May 22, 2014

Grandma's Untitled Poem

My Grandma tended to stash little jokes and notes she had written down over the years randomly about her house.
While I was going through drawers of stashed away things, we started to find these.
There was one that stuck with me and I made sure I put it away for when the day would come and my Grandpa passed away.
Grandma wrote this little poem for another funeral - when her Aunt Alice passed away.
I read it at my Grandpa's service, because what could be better than speaking the words of your loving wife that you are reunited with?
Nothing.

Untitled Poem - JRR (Janet Richards)

Crystal tears and jeweled smiles
   When in a pathway greet,
Form a lovely rainbow bridge
   Where heart and soul may meet.
Allow a tear to trickle down
   To ease the sore hearts pain,
And from the soul, peace will arise
   Till your smiles will shine again.

My Grandparents...I believe on their honeymoon. 1951


No comments:

Post a Comment